Be the scuba diver everyone wants to follow because you know where you are and where you’re going.
The Underwater Navigator course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater. If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way.
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Hold at least an Open Water Diver certification (including Junior) or equivalent
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings.
During your course you’ll learn:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- Underwater Navigation Digital Learning Materials
- 2 x Ocean Shore Dives
- Tanks & Weights
- Nationally recognised statement of attainment
- Scuba Equipment (BCD, Regulators, Computer, Wetsuit) – can be hired at an additional cost
- Dive slate/underwater notebook & pencil – can be purchased in advance in-store
- Dive Compass – included with our hire regulators
- Personal Snorkelling Equipment (Mask, Snorkel, Open-Heeled Fins & Boots)
- Swimwear & Towel
- Water & Snacks
COURSE MUST MEET MINIMUM NUMBERS TO RUN