Rescue Diver Course
Ever wondered what you would do if something went wrong?
Scuba divers describe the Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken.
Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem-solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
The course starts on the Saturday and we will contact you in the week prior to organise the meeting location and meet time.
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Hold a Advanced Open Water Diver certification (including Junior) or equivalent
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate (issued within the last 24 months)
When you sign up with us, you will receive a booking confirmation email containing more information and the finer details of your course.
The Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Stress and Rescue online materials
- Statement of Attainment Perform Diver rescues
- Tanks & Weights
- Transport (we suggest carpooling with other students)
- Hat, Swimwear, Towel & Sunscreen
- Water & plenty of Snack type food
- Scuba Equipment (BCD, Regulators, Computer, Wetsuit) – can be hired HERE at an additional cost
- Personal Snorkelling Equipment (Mask, Snorkel, Open-Heeled Fins & Boots)*
* Personal snorkelling equipment can be purchased in-store with an exclusive 15% discount for our students and a 100% fit guarantee.