Have you ever wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down?
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring.
Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge.
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Hold at least an Open Water Diver certification (including Junior) or equivalent
Scuba diving at night teaches you to focus on what you can see in your light’s beam, on controlling your buoyancy by feel, on staying with your buddy and on paying attention to details you may overlook during the day. During your course, you’ll practice:
- Light handling and communication techniques
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behaviour at night
- Night Diver Online Materials
- 2 Night Ocean Shore Dives
- Tanks & Weights
- Scuba Equipment (BCD, Regulators, Computer, Wetsuit) – can be hired at an additional cost
- Dive Torch - can be hired at an additional cost (excl. batteries) or purchased in-store
- Back-up Light (e.g. attachable Cyalume Light Stick) – can be purchased in-store
- Dive Compass – included with our hire regulators
- Personal Snorkelling Equipment (Mask, Snorkel, Open-Heeled Fins & Boots)
- Swimwear & Towel
- Water & Snacks
COURSE MUST MEET MINIMUM NUMBERS TO RUN