The lure of the deep and the next logical step.
There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving, now that you have completed your Open Water Diver Course, you will natually want to dive deeper and explore new areas.
Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the Deep Diver Specialty course.
Our Deep diver courses takes you from Open Water Diver and allows you to dive deeper and explore more enticing dive sites.
On the Deep Diver course you will complete 4 dives from a boat, the first dive will be between 12-18m, on this dive you will demonstrate your ability to maintain buoyancy and demonstrate your basic abilities from your Open Water Course.
The remainder of the dive you will start exploring Deeper and Deeper!
Diving with Nitrox/Enriched Air gives you more no decompression time, which is especially beneficial for repetitive diving. If staying down longer and getting back in the water quicker between dives sounds appealing, then check out our Nitrox Course
- Be at least 15 years of age (please contact us for options for divers aged 12-14)
- Hold a Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Deep diver online materials
- 2 x Double boat dives
- Hire of Tanks and Weights
- Hire of BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit
- Oceanpro Surface marker buoy to keep (Value $97)
- Oceanpro 15m finger reel to keep (value $34)
What's not included:
- Mask Snorkel, Boots and Fins (These are not available for hire)
Please note: Any additional dives required due to not meeting performance requirements will be at your additional expense. This includes not meeting the minimum standard on dive number 1 which is the assessment dive.