PADI Assistant Instructor
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course is the next step after becoming a PADI Divemaster, you can complete the PADI AI program either as part of your Instructor Development Course or use it as a stepping stone towards your Instructor Development Goals.
Upon completion of your Assistant Instructor program, you will feel like you have expanded your skills and knowledge far beyond what you have already achieved in your Divemaster course. Whilst you do not learn more dive theory you learn how to apply what you already know to new and more challenging situations and broaden your experiences as a dive leader.
What is involved in the Assistant Instructor Course?
The AI Program has a number of different components
- Participate in a number of knowledge development presentations
- Deliver at least 2 Knowledge development presentations
- Deliver at least 2 confined water teaching presentations
- Deliver at least 1, 2 skill combined open water teaching presentations
- Rescue assessment
- PADI Systems, Standards, and Procedures exams
- And much, much more
One of the best things about the Instructor Development Process is that there is no maximum number of attempts so long as you put in the effort and prepare you will be successful not only in the IDC but also at the Instructor Examination and in real life.
Why choose Brisbane Dive Academy?
Brisbane Dive Academy is the only PADI dive centre in Queensland south of Cairns who has their own fulltime PADI Course Director on staff, this is vital in ensuring that anyone who chooses to do their PADI Instructor training gets the guidance and mentoring that any professional needs at the beginning of their career.
We have a modern training facility set up with all the gadgets to make training comfortable and efficient.
On top of this you will get experienced instruction from the regions most experienced Course Director and in addition to the general skills and knowledge that a PADI Course Director has you will benefit from the knowledge of a PADI Tec Rec and EFR Instructor Trainer.
What is Included?
- PADI Digital Crew Pack (includes IDC eLearning)
- PADI Dive Theory eLearning
- PADI's Guide to Teaching
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Guide
- Project AWARE Specialty Instructor Guide
- Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Guide
- OW Quizzes and Exams
- Rescue Diver Exams
- Divemaster Exams
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Open Water Prescriptive Lesson Guides
- Open Water Diver Course Cue Cards
- Advanced Open Water Diver Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Cue Cards
- Divemaster Cue Cards
- Student Planning Slate
- Skill Development Preparation Slate
- PADI Backpack
Pool Entry Fees
What is do I need to bring?
- IDC eLearning certificate of completion
- PADI Dive Theory eLearning certificate of completion
- Dive Medical (no more than 11 months old)
- Current set of PADI dive materials (online versions preferred)
- PADI Digital Instructor Manual
- Standard dive equipment (excluding tanks and weights)