PADI RESCUE DIVER COURSE
Ever wondered what you would do if something went wrong?
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken.
Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem-solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
The course starts on the Thursday evening immediately prior to your course date where we go through the paperwork and also the Basic Oxygen Administration component.
We will meet at the site for the practical component at 9am on the Saturday morning or as discussed on the Thursday evening.
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (including Junior) or equivalent
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate (issued within the last 24 months)
When you sign up with us, you will receive a booking confirmation email containing more information and the finer details of your course. You will also receive your PADI eLearning Access Pass email 24-48 hours after your booking has been processed. The theory portion of this course takes place in your own time, working through and completing your PADI eLearning before your course.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- PADI Rescue Diver eLearning (valued at $180)
- PADI Rescue Diver Certification Card
- Statement of Attainment Perform Diver rescue and Basic Oxygen Administration
- Tanks & Weights
- Transport (we suggest carpooling with other students)
- Hat, Swimwear, Towel & Sunscreen
- Water & plenty of Snack type food
- Scuba Equipment (BCD, Regulators, Computer, Wetsuit) – can be hired HERE at an additional cost
- Personal Snorkelling Equipment (Mask, Snorkel, Open-Heeled Fins & Boots)*
* Personal snorkelling equipment can be purchased in-store with an exclusive 15% discount for our students and a 100% fit guarantee.
Nationally recognised statements of attainment are issued through PADI RTO #6729